What does Pay-per-click (PPC) specialists Do or what do ppc marketer do?
PPC which I’ve established stands for Pay-per-click, is basically a description of how you pay for your digital Ads. As it says in the name, you pay every time someone clicks on your ads. When someone is talking about PPC ads they’re probably referring to the text-based ads you see in search engines. but PPCc isn’t just limited to Google or Bing.
You can run PPC ads on platforms like Amazon, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. so now that you’re familiar with PPC, let’s talk more about what PPC specialists do
Here are five major tasks a PPC pay-per-click specialist handles.
1. Build a PPC strategy based on your needs before a PPC expert launches your campaign, they will get to know your business, your industry, and your goals. This will help them put together an initial strategy focused on getting the best return on investment for your business.
Maybe you want to increase purchases of a certain product on your site. The PPC expert will consider that information when creating your strategy so everything they do aligns with your goals and your brand. Research keywords and audience for ad targeting
2. Research your target Keywords and Audiences This is another important step a PPC specialist will take before launching your campaign. the type of research will depend on where you want to launch your ads. if you want to run a search ad campaign on Google, for example, the main focus would be on keyword research since these ads show up, in part, because someone searches for certain keywords.
If you want to run an ad on Facebook, the focus would not be on keyword research but on audience targeting, so your PPC expert will take extra time to understand who is most likely to interact with your business’s ads.
PPC specialists’ research will also help determine things like ad copy, ad design, and landing page design, so it’s a step that shouldn’t be overlooked.
3. Create ad copy and design multimedia elements for ads with their research and your goals in mind, a PPC specialist will put together the copy and other creative elements of your ads. text-based ads will have different requirements than a boosted social media post or a sponsored product ad on Amazon, but no matter what, your ad creative should align with your brand and goals.
Learn more about PPC Advertising / Pay-per-Click
Landing page design is just as important as your ad design. You don’t want someone to click on an ad for silverware and land on a generic kitchen product page.
your PPC specialist may be capable of handling the design on their own, or they may need to work with the designer for the best results. Either way, they’ll make sure all of these elements work together to create a cohesive experience so people engage with your ads.
4. Manage bids to maximize return on ad spend PPC ads operate through an auction. this means the cost-per-click, or CPC, can fluctuate based on factors like competition, Ad placement, time of day, and more. while this allows you to be flexible with your budget, bidding too much or not bidding enough can hurt your ad campaigns.
You may be able to take advantage of automated bidding based on your goals, but your PPC specialist will manage your bids and budget to make sure they’re enough to get you the results you need for a positive return on your ad spend.
For example, if fewer people click on your ads during the evening, your PPC specialist can lower your bid during those times so you’re not wasting any of your budgets.
5. Track performance and report updates Tracking PPC campaign performance is a crucial part of what PPC specialists do. The beauty of digital advertising is that you can make changes based on your incoming data after a campaign goes live.
As I mentioned before if your bid isn’t quite enough to get an edge over your competitors, your PPC specialist can make adjustments. Maybe your search ad isn’t targeting the right keywords. A PPC specialist can change that, learn more about PPC Advertising