Social Media Marketing Introduction
Social Media Marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect with your audience to build your brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic. This involves publishing great content on your social media profiles, listening to and engaging your followers, analyzing your results, and running social media advertisements.
Concept of Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing is a powerful way for businesses of all sizes to reach prospects and customers.
- Your customers are already interacting with brands through social media, and if you are not speaking directly to your audience through social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, you are missing out!
- Great marketing on social media can bring remarkable success to your business, creating devoted brand advocates and even driving leads and sales.
- Organic Social Media is the use of the free services and tools that each social media platform provides to its users.This includes posting status updates, links, and images with captions for your audience.
- The purpose of organic social media is to build a community of loyal followers and customers through posting relevant content and interacting with those who interact with your brand.
- If you want to show customers your true values and culture, while also learning about the values of your customers, organic social media marketing is the best way to do so.
The strategy of Social Media And Its goals
Before you drive right in and publish something on Social Media, let’s take a step back and look at eh bigger picture. The first step is to think about your social media strategy.
- How can Social Media help you achieve your business goals? some businesses use social media for increasing their brand awareness, others use it for driving website traffic and sales.
- Social Media can also help you generate engagement around your brand, create a community, and serve as a customer support channel for your customers
Which Social Media Platforms do you want to Focus on?
Read More About Digital Marketing
The major social media platforms, mentioned above, are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Youtube, and Snapchat. When starting out, it’s better to pick a few platforms that you think your target audience is on than to be on all platforms.
What type of content do you want to share?
What type of content will attract your target audience best? is it images, videos, or links? is it educational or entertaining content? A good place to start is to create a marketing persona, Which will help you answer these questions. And this doesn’t have to be fixed; you can always change your strategy according to how your social media posts perform.
Planning and publishing
- Social media marketing for small businesses usually starts with having a consistent presence on social media. Close to three billion people(3,000,000,000!) use social media. By being present on social media platforms, you give your brand an opportunity to be discovered by your future customers.
- Publishing to social media is as simple as sharing a blog post, an image, or a video on the social media platform. It’s just like how you would share on your personal Facebook profile. But you will want to plan your content ahead of time instead of creating and publishing content spontaneously. Also to ensure that you are maximizing your reach on social media, you need to publish great content that your audience likes, at the right timing and frequency.
Listening and Engagement
- As your business and social media following grows, conversations about your brand will also increase. People will comment on your social media posts, tag you in their social media posts, or message you directly.
- People might even talk about your brand on social media without letting you know. So you will want to monitor social media conversations about your brand. if it’s a positive comment, you get a chance to surprise and delight them. Otherwise, you can offer support and correct a situation before it gets worse.
- Along the way, whether you are publishing content or engaging on social media, you will want to know how your social media marketing is performing. Are you reaching more people on social media than last month How many positive mentions do you get a month? How many people used your brand’s hashtag on their social media posts?
- The social media platforms themselves provide a basic level of such information. To get more in-depth analytics information or to easily compare across social media platforms you can use the wide range of social media analytics tools available
- When you have more funds to grow your social media marketing, an area that you can consider is social media advertising. social media ads allow you to reach a wider audience than those who are following you.
- Social Media advertising platforms are so powerful Nowadays that you can specify exactly to who to display your ads. You can create target audiences based on their demographics interests, behaviors, and more.
- when you are running many social media advertising campaigns at once. you can consider using a social media advertising tool to make bulk changes, automate processes, and optimize your ads.